Monday, March 31, 2008

A Garage Band Alternative for Windows?


I had been searching the web for a Garage band alternative for windows when i came upon Mixcraft. I have tried tons of other sound mixers and none of them where very good. I launched Mixcraft and I immediately knew that it was the windows alternative. Mixcraft's interface is almost identical to garage band, and if you have never used garage band you will probaly not notice a big difference. It has over 1500 clips of music for you to use in creating your song. You can also add effects like echo, reverb, distortion, pitch shift, pan, and many others. Unfortunately Mixcraft is $39.99, but if you search on youtube there are other ways of getting the full version that tech world dose not support of take responsibility for.

If you are planning on downloading Mixcraft I would recommend an 2.5GHz Pentium 4 or higher as playing more than 4 or 5 tracks at one can be very processor intensive. If i play 8 tracks st once on my 2.2GHz Core Two duo it uses 80% processor. And if you want all of the clips the application will take up about 85Mb of hard drive space.

No comments: