Sunday, April 20, 2008

KGB Archive - File Compression

Have you ever had a large file that you wanted to send to someone over the internet and i was going to take days to send, or have you ever wanted to put a large file on a small flash drive? Well now you can with KGB Archive. KGB Archive is very a very strong piece of software. You can choose between lower, low, average, good, extreme, and monumental compression seatings. My results are amazing. I Archived a 2.5Gb .iso file down to 200Mb. The major downside is the time it takes to compress a file. It took me 35 Hours to compress that file on extreme compression and I'm using a 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo. I would definitely recommend a dual core for this application.

KGB Archive can be downloaded here - http://www.kgbarchiver.net/?page=download

No comments: